Thursday, May 6, 2010

Half Pillow Case Dress

I bought a lovely set of pillow cases at the thrift store for less than a dollar. My intent for them was solely to make M&M two dresses/nightgowns out of them. My little one would wear dresses and nightgowns only if I had enough of them that she didn't have to wear pants!

This first one ended up being a half pillow case dress, because one of the pillow cases had damage to the top portion. However, I had some pink fabric that matched it perfectly. I came up with the back without a pattern:

When she grows some more, all I have to do is changed the straps and take the button and loop off and she'll get some more wear out of it.
I may not use the same exact pattern, or even a true pillow case but I would charge $10-$30 for a pillow case dress, depending on size and detail.

1 comment: